Training on design and implementation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP) held in Rovinj
From 20th to 23rd March 2018, a free of charge training course on development and implementation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans for representatives from Croatian and Slovenian cities has been successfully held in Rovinj. Training was organized within the CIVITAS Prosperity project by the Croatian and Slovene partners of the CIVITAS Prosperity project (City of Koprivnica and Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia) in cooperation with the CIVINET Slovenia-Croatia-JIE network. ODRAZ has the role of the secretariat of this Network.
The training was attended by over 40 participants from two countries. Education was led by experienced lecturers from Slovenia, Great Britain, Austria and Romania.
Representatives of ODRAZ, Koprivnica, Ljubljana and Dubrovnik participated as lecturers.
The themes of the presentations and speakers were the following:
- Adapting SUMP approach for small and mid-size cities / Aljaž Plevnik, UIRS, Slovenia
- What SUMP is, its future and benefits / Tom Rye, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom
- Good practices from the champion city Sint Niklaas / Carl Hanssens, Alderman for mobility, City of Sint Niklaas, Belgium
- Achieving political and internal buy-in in the SUMP process / Tom Rye and Carl Hanssens
- Communication and stakeholder involvement of the new SUMP / measures / Tom Rye
- Use of public space and SUMPs / Irina Rotaru, Cities on the Move, Romania and Vlado Babić, representative of the City of Ljubljana
- How does SUMP mesh with statutory land use plans / Karl Heinz Posch, FGM Amor, Austria
- Public participation in decision-making – the situation in Croatia / Lidija Pavić-Rogošić, ODRAZ-Sustainable Community Development
Presentations (on croatian language) are available HERE.
Photo-gallery from the event can be viewed HERE.
* More about the activities of the CIVINET network is available on http://civinet-slohr.eu