Training in Sustainable Urban Mobility SUMP 2.0 held in Rijeka
From 3 to 4 June 2019 in Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Rijeka Campus, CIVINET Slovenia-Croatia-SEE Network and the City of Koprivnica organized a free training on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans for city representatives and other stakeholders involved in integrated traffic planning. The emphasis of education was on interactive and fieldwork and current topics of traffic planning.
On the first day of the training, participants visited the City Traffic Center, where they were introduced to the AUS (Automatic Traffic Management System), which, with its technological capabilities, aims to optimally manage the traffic under the given conditions and includes among the most up-to-date technological achievements in the field of traffic automation. Then, the coordinator of the Network and the representative of the City of Rijeka, Srđan Škunca, presented the future plans of all new projects for improving the transport infrastructure of the City of Rijeka.
On the second day, a series of interesting lectures by local lecturers was held. The emphasis of education was on interactive and on-site work and current topics of traffic planning.
- current situation and future of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP);
- how to get political support for integrated traffic planning;
- how to deal with SUMPs in a small cities;
- how to link integrated traffic and spatial planning;
- how to communicate with the public and include them in the preparation and implementation of SUMPs;
- use of public spaces in traffic planning.