ODRAZ director attended the meeting of the EESC Bureau in Vienna
From 18 to 19 June 2018, European Economic and Social Commitee (EESC) organised the extraordinary meeting of the EESC Bureau in Vienna. ODRAZ director attended the meeting.
Within the meeting, EESC held a conference on Digitalisation in Austria. ˝No one should be left behind from the digital revolution˝ – This was the main message from the conference on Digitalisation in Austria on 19 June, organised by the European Economic and Social Committee.
The conference on digitalization followed the extraordinary meeting of the EESC Bureau which took place in Vienna.
The topic of the conference is in line with the priorities of the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union which will start on 1 July 2018.
ODRAZ director Lidija Pavić-Rogošić attended the meeting. On 18th of April at the 534. plenary session of European Economic and Social Committee, she became one of the 35 Members of the EESC Bureau for a two-and-a-half year term from 2018 to 2020.
As an active advocator of digital justice, the EESC has already adopted a number of opinions which address the various aspects of digitalization such as:
- A socially sustainable concept for the digital era (2018)
- Implications of the digitalisation and robotisation of transport on EU policy-making (2017)
- The role and opportunities of social partners and other civil society organisations in the context of new forms of work (2017)
- Digitisation and innovative business models in the European financial sector, impact on employment and customers (2017)
- Effects of digitalisation on service industries and employment (2015)