Fourth CIVINET Forum held in Kranj
After Zagreb, Rijeka and Varaždin, the fourth CIVINET Forum was held on June 14, 2019 in Kranj (Slovenia). The topic of the Forum was Inclusion of citizens to change of traffic habits. The organizers were Mestna občina Kranj and the network CIVINET Slovenia-Croatia-JIE. ODRAZ is the Secretariat of the Network. The Forum presented examples of citizen involvement in the spatial-traffic planning process from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia.
Some forty representatives from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Northern Macedonia welcomed Mayor of the City of Kranj Matjaž Rakovec, who pointed out that the greatest challenge for Kranj was to build as many cycling trails as possible connecting the city with the surrounding area and Bled. Together with the neighboring municipalities, the whole Gorenjska region is planning to link through the construction of the track and the introduction of electric bicycles and systematically work to change the traffic habits of people.
Examples of citizen involvement were presented at the Forum:
- Ambitious principles of Slovenia in the field of transport strategies / Luka Mladenovič, Urbanist Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (SLO)
- Smart traffic development plan in Novi Sad / Valentina Basarić, Faculty of Technical Sciences (SRB)
- The urban traffic strategy of the Ljubljana urban region (SUMP LUR) / Klemen Gostič, RRA Ljubljana (SLO)
- Change of traffic habits of citizen A / Andrej Zalokar, Company REKREATUR, Kranj (SLO)
- Bicycling education and exams for children / Damir Novak, Croatian Auto Club (HR)
- Youth education, inclusion in spatial Design / Vladimir Halgota, Bicycle Union (HR)
* All presentations (on croatian language) from the Forum can be downloaded HERE.